It’s still too warm to use your heater in Middle Georgia, but now is the time to clean and service your furnace to prepare it for winter. It may not be cold now, but you’ll want your heater to work properly and efficiently when the temperature begins to drop.
Replace the Filter
You should already be regularly replacing your filter, but this step is especially important before winter. A clogged filter blocks the flow of heat into your home, lowering efficiency and driving up your utility bill.
Clean Air Vents and Ducts
If something prevents the air from easily circulating in your home, your system has to work harder to heat your home. This makes for expensive utility bills.
Clean the Area Around Your Heater
If you have boxes or other objects stored around your heater, move them before you begin to use the furnace. It is especially important to move flammable objects away from your heater.
Consider a Maintenance Program
It’s a good idea to let a professional regularly service both your heater and air conditioner. At North Macon Heating and Cooling, we offer a maintenance program that includes heater maintenance visits every year before winter. Each heating inspection includes:
- Inspection of electrical components inside the equipment
- Cleaning condenser coils, drains, and filters
- Checking for proper operation of equipment
- Inspection of duct system
Members of our maintenance program enjoy several benefits that our other customers do not, such as:
- No overtime charges
- A 10% discount on all service and repairs
- Priority service over non-contract customers
- 2 year warranty on all repairs
- $50 bonus toward the purchase of a new system for every year of enrollment starting in 2015
If you are interested in our maintenance program, contact us today.